If you haven’t tried this super healthy herbal tea yet you must give it a try. It’s packed with antioxidants, vitamin C and lots of nutritious qualities that are all good for you. See my upcoming post on the proven benefits of consuming Hibiscus tea. Will put a link to the article here as soon as it’s available. If you’ve tried this recipe, please share your result with me on social media and leave a comment below and tell me what you thought. All social media details are below and also in the contact section.
- ½ cup dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 8 cups water
- ¼ cup maple syrup or raw cane sugar preferably organic
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice preferably organic
- Put the dried Hibiscus flowers in water and boil it in a large pot. Switch off the stove when it starts boiling and cover the pot with a lid.
- If you want to add anything extra such as lemon grass, lime juice or basil you may do that at this stage.
- Wait for 15-20 min and let the tea steep.
- Add the maple syrup or cane sugar to sweeten the tea and stir until it completely dissolves.
- Strain the tea.
- Serve the hibiscus tea hot or chill it in the fridge until it's cold and serve over a couple of ice cubes. Both ways are just as awesome!
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I would love to hear from you as a reader! If you have tried making this recipe then please leave a comment below and share it with others through Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @holistichealthbykimmi and/or tag #holistichealthbykimmi
RECIPE BY: Kimmi Sandhu